Milan To Reopen Talks With Gianluigi Donnarumma
Donnarumma may be offered second chance to reconsider his decision.
Reports in Italy claim that Gianluigi Donnarumma could still renew him contract with Milan, which is set to expire in June 2018. Milan announced last week that the Italian shot-stopper and his agent have shut down the opportunity to sign new deal, meaning he would have to stay out of the squad for the new season.
“Our position is clear – Donnarumma is not for sale, so will play next season at Milan. However, we cannot risk anything and we are obliged to look for another goalkeeper”, said CEO Marco Fassone.
Despite everything, now Sky Italia’s Gianluca Di Marzio suggests the deal may not be totally off, for there are signs that negotiations with Donnarumma could reopen. As a result, Milan have stalled negotiations for a new goalkeeper, with Mattia Perin the main target for the Rossoneri’s No. 1 spot.
There have been contacts between the parties and Milan’s officials could even meet with Donnarumma’s family on Tuesday. In the meantime, Mino’s brother, Enzo Raiola, is expected to go to Poland this week to speak directly with the 18-year-old again about extending his contract.
Milan and Mino Raiola could try to resolve some issues, as the agent had proposed a €10 million clause in Donnarumma’s contract in case of a Champions League qualification and €5 million in case of failure. Whilst, the Serie A side proposed a sum of €120 million.
The past week Raiola and the Milan’s CEO have been throwing the ball at each one’s court, claiming the other one is to blame for the situation all parties are currently in. “Milan would still be willing to welcome him with open arms, even those fans who are most incensed,” Fassone he told Gazzetta dello Sport.