TRANSFER ROUND UP: Vol. 2
We bring you the latest news regarding all the strikers that have been linked to Milan, as one of them could be the star signing Marco Fassone has promised the fans.
Aubameyang is still a Milan target in spite of the claims that the will be staying in Germany for another year. “I spoke to Dortmund before I went on vacation. I told them that I was maybe ready to try something different. However, I will stay at Borussia Dortmund. I like staying here very much, as I feel at home in Dortmund”, he admitted.
His future is tied to the one of Barcelona-bound Ousmane Dembele, as the German giants have no intention of selling both Aubameyang and Dembele. Milan will have to accelerate for the Gabon international if they want to lure him so as to anticipate Barca’s pursuit of Dembele.
Since Milan have suffered a little set-back in the Aubameyang pursuit, one can certainly connect the dots to why Marco Fassone has recently been dropping vast Ibrahimovic hints. Ibra may not be reported to be the primary alternative to the Borussia Dortmund striker, but it is safe to say he is on the short list.
Once (who else but) Sky Italia revealed that the names of Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Radamel Falcao are also on the Milan radar, it was the Rossoneri’s CEO himself who opened up the possibility for Ibrahimovic’s return. “I cannot rule out negotiating for other Raiola clients. In life, never say never. Maybe an old acquaintance of ours could come back”, he told SportMediaset.
However, the latest news may in a way disprove the theory that Zlatan is the main alternative to Aubameyang. On Tuesday, the Serie A side delivered the 30-man list for the Europa League playoff tie against Macedonian club Shkendija. It has in fact been reported that they left two available spots on on the list, one likely for a youth player and the other one for a new signing.
Now, it is known that the former Manchester United striker is sidelined with a knee ligaments injury at the moment and is likely to be out until the end of the year, making it impossible for him to get called-up for a competitive match anytime soon. Although, let us not rule out any surprises – he has always been a fans’ favorite, and would surely accept the chance to come back, especially now as a free agent.
Milan are still closely monitoring the situation of Chelsea’s Diego Costa, who will without any doubt end up at Atletico Madrid sooner or later. The question to be resolved is what to do in the meantime. That is where Milan decide to step up, but they would only like to sign him permanently rather than on a six-month loan.
It is believed that Costa is pushing for Atleti return and would force through a move away from Chelsea, whilst the Stamford Bridge side are poised to offload him to Milan. Per Sky Italia, the Rossoneri and agent Jorge Mendes are working on convincing Diego Costa to transfer to the Serie A.
At the moment, the easiest player to get, or so it seems, for Milan is Nikola Kalinic of Fiorentina. He may not be as popular as the other targets, but Fiorentina are still playing hardball over his possible transfer. Premium Sport reports that the Viola have told Milan to make an acceptable offer for Kalinic by Friday or else the Croatian shall be taken off the market.
The Viola forward has already agreed a deal in principle with the club, but they’ve held off on the signing as they consider other options. Should Milan fail to lure any of the previously mentioned top strikers, Kalinic will definitely be the one to move to the San Siro.
SportMediaset claim that Milan have reportedly made an enquiry about Lazio striker Ciro Immobile, but they have not taken further steps forward for the player until the moment. Immobile would likely cost less than Aubameyang or Costa, and he is a proven Serie A goalscorer. The Italian striker would cost somewhere between €30 million and €50 million.
However, both Milan’s Fassone and Lazio’s Lotito have stated that there are no negotiations for Immobile at present time.
The last time Belotti was linked to Milan was when Torino rejected a pretty wealthy offer of €70 million plus Niang and Paletta.
As a result, the Rossoneri have decided to end talks with Torino for the Italian international is no longer considered a target for the Milan attack, according to Sky Italia.
The transfer of the new striker is expected to be formalized as late as 15 August so that he could be included in the Europa League list given to UEFA. “There are 5-6 names. Falcao and Ibrahimovic are in the list of possible new Milan strikers”, Fassone suggested earlier.
La Gazzetta dello Sport reports that Falcao is not a top priority at the moment, though.